Painting Baby's Room

Sunday, January 18, 2009

So we finished painting the baby's room this weekend. Jake's parents came down the weekend before and helped us with the pink and white paint and then Jake and I took on the green stripes challenge this weekend. Painting is a big process - so thanks to Michele, Dan, and Jake for helping me out with it otherwise I'd probably be working on it for quite a few more weeks. I am happy with the end results. I know it kind of looks a little like a circus but I think once we get all the furniture and some stuff on the walls it will be really cute. I'll post some pictures once we get the rest of the room put together.

Pregnancy has been rough these past couple weeks and I am sure it will be until she is born. I am retaining lots of water and my feet and ankles are so swollen. I feel like my thighs and rearend have gotten a lot bigger lately too - we'll just say they are swollen as well. Helps me not be so depressed.

Anyways, just wanted to share some pictures of painting the baby's room. We are one step closer to getting this baby girl here.
Prep work

First Coat

And we're done!

And another one of the finished room!



10 Nice Comments:

Shalyse said...

OMG...I am IN LOVE with that room!!! that paint is to die for! great job you guys. can't wait to see the finished product!!! :-) p.s. you are so stinking cute prego!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO CUTE!! I love it! Those colors are darling! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Marcee said...

That is adorable!! I love it! We have never been able to do a nursery, due to living in apartaments or whatever, now that we have a house, we have two kids rooms and nowhere for this one to go, and yet again, cannot do a nursery. But what do you do! Hope the end gets better for you, it is rough, but you can do it! Just keep thinking it's almost over and we will have such a beautiful little blessing!! I am so excited for you!!!

Amanda said...

I LOVE IT! SOOO CUTE!

Stephanie said...

Sister! It is so freaking cute! I love the stripes and the colors are adorable together! It will look so cute with the bedding...I can't wait until you put up all the furniture! I'm excited to see you this Friday and go to your baby shower! Sorry your so swollen hopefully time will go quickly! Love you and talk to you soon!

Amy Mitchell said...

Hey Cookie-
BB's room turned out really cute- have your hubbins get that crib together! I had fun with you on Friday- See you Saturday! love ya

Mrs. Budge said...

Way to go, it looks great!! Mike is still in disbelief that Jake did something like that, he needs to see his clothes with pink paint splatters to believe it. It looks nothing like a circus. And Brooke you look great!

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

That is the cutest room ever! I'm excited to see you on saturday.

Becky said...

I absitively posolutely LOVE the room. It is beautiful. Oh, it makes me want to paint my girls' room. Getting closer, Brookie. HAng in there, girl.

Jen H. said...

Love her room! You guys did such a good job. I can't believe you only have 18 days to go? How are you feeling? I can't wait to see pictures of little baby girl Brown!!!