It's been awhile ...

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Hi EVERYONE!
I am finally updating our blog. I have just been so busy it seems and we got a new camera for Christmas and I finally got the pictures downloaded and ... you know all those other excuses I have. I love and need to blog mainly because I don't keep a journal and am bad at keeping up with Bayla's baby book so it’s kind of my way of documenting stuff that happens in our crazy lives. I really want to be able to update it more often than I do, but I need a few extra hours in my day to fit that in with everything else. I’ll just keep trying!


Christmas was great. We spent it up at the Brown’s house. We had a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner up at Jake’s grandma’s house with all his relatives. She makes the best Prime Rib ever and I absolutely love the salad she makes. I could just eat that and be super happy. She sent me the recipe a couple years ago and I still have yet to make it. I think I am scared it won’t turn out as well – she is an amazing cook. We had a really relaxing weekend up there and had fun watching Bayla and her cousins play with all their new toys and have yelling contests with each other.


Bayla and I spent New Year’s at my dad’s in Idaho. We had a really fun time just hanging out and Grandpa Doug took Bayla to Toys R Us and let her pick out some toys for Christmas. It was relaxing as well and my dad fed me super great. Jake went on his annual dirt bike trip with his boyfriends down in Southern Utah that weekend and had a really great time.


January seemed super long but somehow time still flies even when it seems it’s dragging. I think I am just ready for spring and summer to get here. Even though it hasn’t been that bad of a winter down in SLC – I am still tired of it. I am happy it’s February! Probably one of my favorite months – and a busy one at that this year Ü We have Valentine’s Day, Jodee coming to visit, Aubree’s b-day, Brittany’s b-day, Kaden’s baptism, Liv’s b-day, Bayla’s 1st b-day(yeah), mine and Brandon’s and Neil’s and Becky(college friend) all on the same day, and probably some other things I am forgetting. It’s a CRAZY FUN month!!


Bayla is now 11 ½ months old. She is one of the busiest babies in the world (REALLY) – always on the go and always getting into stuff. She is a great baby though. She has 3 of the 4 teeth on the top that came in and I think they are so stinking cute in her little mouth. She is not walking yet but getting closer every day. She loves to hold onto your fingers and have you walk with her. She loves looking through her books and knocking stuff down. She loves blowing on the leather couch and making silly noises. She sings E-I-E-I-O when we sing Old McDonald had a farm song. She loves other kids and watching them. Actually she’s just like her mom and loves people watching. Good thing she’s cute and people just smile back at her when she is staring at them. She hates pasta. She loves drinking water. She has sucking through a straw down pat. She laughs when I show her my tongue. She’s obsessed with dogs and will say dog dog(in her baby talk) when she sees one. She loves getting inside the fridge or freezer when we open it up. She is attached to her blankie now and if she sees it she has to have it. Good thing I ordered another one. Her original is getting pretty dingy.


Anyway – life is good and I have to go - until next time. Here are some pictures of the past couple months. Hope everyone is having a great YEAR so far!!


Daddy and Bayla bathtime (she looked like a little mermaid baby)

Super Happy Baby!
Blowing Bubbles
Big Blue Eyes
Play Time in Fridge
My sweetie!
Grandpa Doug with Bayla
Grandma Dianne with Bayla
Aunt Aubree and Uncle Colton
Aunt Aubree and Bayla

Christmas Aprons - Me, Becky, and Hayley
Bayla Christmas Day playing with new toys

Christmas Day - Bayla stole Jake's Bubble Tape

Bayla Christmas - waking her up



7 Nice Comments:

Beck-Heck said...

Oh, what cute new pics! I love the face plant in the pack-n-play. That apron was a Christmas miracle. I've actually been cooking more since I got it. Notice I said cooking MORE, not necessarily cooking BETTER:)

Jennie Kunz said...

It has been a while! I miss you guys! Thanks for the update. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

She is getting so big...I can't believe how long her hair is getting! Can't wait to see you next weekend!

BeckyB.West said...

The first one is from me- accidentally posted under my secret id that I never, ever use:) Nickname courtesy of Jake.

Unknown said...

Oh, Bayla is getting so big. It is so bittersweet, isn't it? She and Reese have the same pajamas. I love those. I am glad to see your blog updated. I love to see what is new with you guys. Wish we were closer so we could have playdates.

Marcee said...

You have been busy!! And having loads of fun I see... Bayla is getting SO big!! And cute!! And look at all her hair!! I love it... Sabreena is still pretty bald. One day she will have piggy tials though!

Jeanine said...

I was wondering if you went to USU? I actually know Jake from there! What a small world. :) Your family is beautiful.